MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Monday, May 18, 2015

Fresh Veggie and Shrimp Pasta

The weather this spring has been stormy and cool here in Oklahoma. I spent an hour in the closet Saturday night while the tornado sirens blarred and we had another round of violent storms and wind. Thank goodness no Tornado in my hood!! I am ready for this to be over this year. I want to move on to picnics, ourdoor dining and summer!! Today we did go to the zoo for a little picnic and fun with the grands.

Here Ella and I are imitating the Mayans in the Amazon exhibit.

We HAD to ride the camel. Sassy was her name!!! Ella and I ride camels anytime we get the chance.


I love simple, fresh food that takes little or no time to prepare....Don't we all?? I made this dish after work one night last week. I started with the shrimp and used what I had in the fridg to finish this recipe. It turned out looking and tasting great.

Fresh Veggie and Shrimp Pasta

1 pound extra large shrimp, cleaned and deveined

2 Tbsp olive oil

1 Tbsp butter

3 cloves garlic, minced

8 ounces sliced white mushrooms

1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half ( I used heirloom tomatoes I had gotten at Sam's)

1 Tbsp Lemon zest

Juice of one lemon

1 cup dry white wine

12 ounces fresh linguine pasta

Pasta cooking liquid as needed

1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley

Parmesan cheese to taste

 

1. Heat large skillet with olive oil and butter. Meanwhile place large pasta pot filled with water on stove. Salt water and heat to a boil.

2. Add garlic and shrimp. Cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp is pink and firm. Do not overcook. Shrimp will be added at the end and continue to cook.

3. Remove shrimp to a warm platter. Then add the mushrooms to the pan. Saute until mushrooms are cooked, (about 5 minutes)

4. Add tomatoes and cook 3 minutes or until the tomatoes are warm all the way through and are beginning to break down.

5. Add lemon zest and juices to the pan and deglaze with 1 cup dry white wine.

6. Add fresh pasta to boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes or according to the package directions.

7. Return shrimp to the pan with the veggie mixture. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss. Add pasta water to the pan if needed to thin the sauce.

8. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and parmesan cheese if desired. (There is this whole thing about cheese with seafood pasta. Personally I like it so I added it!! )

Serve immediately with a fresh green salad and crusty, warm bread.


Simple and fresh!! Great for a cool spring evening!! Al fresco dining is the best this time of year in OK!! A glass of wine, the smell of pinon wood from the Chiminea.....Life is good!!

Bon Appetite!! Try this one and let me know how much you enjoy it!!


Happy Trials,

Mtn Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!