MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday

 


Swirls and Curves Baby Girl Quilt


The quilt is quilted I just need to bind it. This is for a childhood friend of mine who just had her second grandchild in October. So YES .... I am a bit late. I could have just sent a purchased gift but I wanted to make her a quilt...so I am hoping she will think it is worth the wait. It is flannel and very soft.




The picture coloring doesn't do it justice. It is bright pink and teal. A very pretty combination. Very girly!!


I practiced my swirls and curves on this quilt. I am getting a little more creative with my FMQ.


Last week my college roomate from over 40 years ago came and we sewed all week. She made this "High Heel" quilt top for her son's PhD advisor. He will graduated in May. We are so proud of him. She is takng it home with her to have it quilted there.


 

We also got a jump start on next year by making this Thanksgiving Turkey wallhanging.

 

Glad I am ahead in one area....at least for now!!

 

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

 

1 comment:

  1. I love how the swirls show up on that baby quilt......good photography ! I have to get more brave with my free motion. That quilt looks very soft and will have a much longer 'life' than a little onesie that the baby would quickly outgrow !

    I really like the looks of that turkey quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!