MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Ice, Ice Baby!!!



 IT'S SNOW I LOVE!!!!  ICE I HATE!!!

I also LOVE this little girl who is riding her mother and Auntie KK's wooden horse.  YES.....I saved it all these years for such a time as this and I love watching her ride it!!
We braced for the worst in Tulsa, OK today and thankfully we only got about a quarter of an inch of ice and sleet.  We are suppose to get 3-5 inches of snow on top of that tonight.  I am hoping so!!!  Nothing like snow to get you in the Christmas spirit!!

My classes today and tomorrow were canceled so I have the wonderful fortune of staying home and getting lots done for the holidays.  I wrapped and finished projects all day.  It was wonderful!!!  
My parents are visiting from WV.  They are 85 and in great health.  It is nice having them here.   Mother and I both sewed this afternoon while Dad kept a watchful eye on the weather.

I finished a flannel quilt for my brother for Christmas today complete with label.
Mother pieced the top and I did the quilting, binding and label.







Isn't the snowflake border great?  Especially on a snowy day like today.




I try to label my quilts before gifting.  It doesn't always happen but I am happy this one has such a pretty label.

I also worked on monogramming Christmas stockings for my oldest daughter and her family today.  She bought these stockings after the holidays and I had a year to do them......well at least they are done now!!



The stockings did not have a cuff originally and the hanger was on the inside.  Very interesting design.

I made a cuff from the soft flannel left from my brother's quilt and embroidered it on my Designer SE Viking machine.  I just LOVE that machine.








I am happy with the finished product.  I also put names on three stockings for a friend today.  
Tomorrow I hope for snow!!  I am soaking a pound of navy beans to make white bean soup.  Life is good and full!!  

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

6 comments:

  1. She is adorable.Beautifu projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. The quilt is simple and soft. I am having fun learning more about free motion quilting. I find it a lot of fun to do. Hopefully in 2014 I will add some more techniques.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Love to keep busy this time of year!! Easy to do!! I am hoping for more snow days to get things done!

      Delete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!