MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Monday, December 30, 2013

Design Wall Monday



Scrappy 2 inch square Blocks

This is really late to post today but better late than never.  I started out this morning at the lake.  Thus you can see my design wall is one of the empty queen beds in the upstairs bedroom.  I  started working on these blocks on Saturday while at the lake.  I had my leaders and enders from last year in a box along with my 2 inch square.  After spending some time on my favorite blogs I was inspired by Randy on the Barrister's Block to make a version of a quilt that was on her bed at a recent retreat. 



 My blocks are made of 2 inch squares.  There are 32 darks and 32 lights in each block which measure 12 1/2 inches unfinishes.  I got twenty made in two days.  Pretty good for me....I did go to the movies Saturday and spent the evening visiting with my daughter who came down to the lake to spend the night with me.  After taking this picture I had to pack everything up and head back into T-Town.  My girls gave me a family pix for Christmas.....really a sitting for a family picture which we had made this afternoon.  Have you ever tried to get a 2 years old to smile on cue?  I think we succeeded in a couple!!  It will be a treasure no matter how the smiles go.  

Now I have to pick out sashing and borders from my stash.   I will be back later in the week to show you my choices. I AM going to use my stash as much as possible this year!!  I love scrappy quilts so hopefully I can use what I have to supplement when needed.  I still am not adverse to a great piece of sale fabric when I see it also.  I ordered a roll of batting this week that was on sale so I should be set for a while. 

Gotta "undeck" the halls this week then I am free to sew to my hearts content.  I don't go back to work till Jan 7th!!   What an extended treat!!    Last year I posted all these goals in 2013....don't think I was very successful on the goals but I did get through the first year of being a widow and that says it all to me.  I may post some new goals tomorrow....or maybe not.....we will see.  
Hope you are enjoying this time before the New Year starts with a bang!

Happy Trials,

Mtn Mama 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!