MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Quilt Completed!!

 

My finishing UFO's continues as I spend a few days at the lake with Kristy. It is so peaceful here. I tend to rest but yet get a lot of sewing done at the same time.



I quilted Holly leaves in the quilt border. There was holly in the border fabric so it was a nice compliment.


The fabric of one of the blocks had swirls so I overall quilted the body with a swirling pattern.


 

The back is scrappy. it is made of the leftover block fabric.

This is the quilt top my 85 y/o mother made before she left in December. I love the simplicity of it. The block rows in diagonals show off the beautiful Christmas fabric which by the way all came off the shelf in my stash as I was looking for fabric for her to stay busy with during the first snow/ice storm. I love using stash fabric to produce a beautiful result with a small amount if effort.

I put the quilt together on the Monday before Christmas. On Christmas Eve I quilted it. Yesterday I bound it with a scrappy binding. Perfect lap size during chilly, cool days.


It is going to be a beautiful day here at the lake. I will spend some time out doors between sewing and going with Kristy to the movies. Tomorrow it turns bitterly cold again. We must enjoy the beautiful weather while we can .....every day counts.


Makes me happy to know I have another beautiful project finished waiting in the wings for next year!!

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

 

5 comments:

  1. Your Christmas quilt is a nice splash of color. I like how the red from the print just blends into the solid. Lovely finish. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. MTN MAMADecember 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM
      Thanks for stopping by. Christmas reds are always hard to blend but these worked perfectly. Merry Christmas to you also and happy 2014!! Lots of things to come in the new year

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. Christmas reds are always hard to blend but these worked perfectly. Merry Christmas to you also and happy 2014!! Lots of things to come in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty and the way you quilted it is lovely.I really like the swirling pattern. Since your mother was able to create this lovely quilt at 85, maybe there is hope for me at 74. She is a really inspiration to me. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genie,
      Love your blog. I am a new follower!! Looking forward to your inspirations. You can Certainly quilt far into your 80's and 90's....I knew a wonderful woman who was hand quilting cathedral window quilts at 95. Keep up the good work!!

      Delete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!