MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Monday, October 14, 2013

Rainy Days and Mondays

Design Wall Monday

If you are as old as me (???) then you know the old Carpenter's song.....Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down!!!  Well, not this girl!!!  Today and tomorrow we are expecting mega rain for Tulsa and I am thanking God for this gift.  We are over 6 inches behind in rainfall for this year alone and that is coming on the back of three years of drought like conditions.  Today's rain is a gift and I am happy to stay inside and sew all day!!  Luckily I don't have to work!! 

Today's Prayer:
Thank you Lord for the blessings of rain, the beauty of the fall foliage and the ever present reminders of your love for us in nature.  May we always be thankful to you .....
For the Kingship is the Lord's and He rules the nations!!!   Psalm 22:28....In a time when our government seems to be more dysfunctional than ever we look to you because we know you are the supreme ruler over all.  We ask you to guide our leaders in Washington and for peace among those who are in leadership positions that they may rise above individual desires and be led to do what is right and good in Your sight.   Above all May Your Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven!!!!
AMEN AND AMEN


Today I am quilting on a baby quilt that I "sashed" while watching the OU/Texas game on Saturday.  That was a sad day for us "Sooners"!!!  Any given Saturday you never know what the outcome of the game may be.....on to the next game!!

I found this "Pillow Panel" among my 85 y/o mother's sewing stash.  I love finding things that have been put aside for years and making something beautiful from them.  The little baby boy that this quit is going to was born at 35 weeks.  The week before there was much prayer for both baby and mama...alas Hudson was born early but came out pink and crying at 5 pound 6 ounces!!!  Thanks be to you Lord for the gift of this healthy child.  Mama was my daughter's college roommate and is a dear child of God.  I am so happy for their little family.  This makes Baby boy number 2.
Today I finish the quilt so it can travel to Norman and be with it's new owner when Grandma goes over at the end of the week.
Don't you love the colors?  I have been playing I Spy with Ella using some of my colorful Halloween quilts.  This will be a great I Spy quilt.



Next up is this soft, baby blue, flannel quilt that my mother made for my brother for Christmas.  I am quilting it for her.  
After cleaning my sewing room.....really well I might add....I decided not to use basting spray in the house any more.  Beside the smell it does make things around the area sticky.  So I set up a "Sandwiching Station" in my garage.  Since I don't use the second side for a car now that Jeff is gone I am going to use it for this.  I put two 6 foot tables together on bed risers and it worked great.  
Now I won't have to spend hours cleaning up spray baste on my wood floors in the house.  It takes me a while but I eventually get it!!
Hope your day is "sunny" and you start your week off with happy thoughts and things to do!!

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

1 comment:

  1. I am a huuuge fan of the Carpenters, and when it rains it is always a contest between this song and Listen to the Rythmn of the Falling Rain because I belt them both out. (I have no talent.)

    Nice to see all you have accomplished today. Sew on.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!