MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Work In Progress Wednesday






From the rising of the sun to its setting
The name of the Lord is to be praised.
The Lord is high above all nations;
His Glory is above the heavens.

Psalms 113:3-4 


Work in Progress Wednesday

Not only is it Wednesday but it is almost the end of the month so I have been hard at work to finish my "Get It Done" list for January.
Today I worked on Section I of "Comfort and Joy".  I am joining witJudy L at Patchwork Times.  This is a 12 month stitch along so it is important to stay caught up. Hop over and see those of us who have finished Section 1.
I  haven't decided if I should just stitch around the raw edges (fused) or do the blanket stitch on my machine.  What do you think?  Please let me know.  I sometimes do it by hand but on this I would use the machine and black thread?  What's your opinion?





My good friend came by today with the cutest aprons from Hobby Lobby.  We embroidered them for our Granddaughters  They came out SO cute!!  We had so much fun doing this together.  My friend loves to pick the thread colors...(Not much on sewing)!!! She does the prep work and I do the sewing.  A match made in heaven.





The pictures don't do them justice.  We used white on the ribbons and a variegated pink on the heart.  White for Miss Ella's name and lavender for Miss Olivia.  These were so much fun to do!!  They are both just 1 year so they will have these for a few years!!




This cozy flannel quilt is one that I made "Years and Years" ago and gave to my friend.  She keeps it at her lake place to cuddle up in.  I asked her to take a picture and send it to me.  I am trying to collect pictures of my quilts for a journal.  This year I am trying to be more "QUILT" responsible and label all my quilts and take pictures.  I didn't do that in the past!!  I did the blanket stitch on this quilt by hand.





Does anybody else have this gadget?  Debby gifted my with this "Grab and Go" during her visit.  I LOVE it!!  I carry it from room to room.  It goes where I am sewing.  It has spindles for thread, a pincushion, multiple scissor holders and a handle to carry it easily.  Don't know how I sewed without it!!  Thank you Debby!!

I will be linking up today with Work in Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.    Hit the button in my sidebar to get there and see all the projects being created this week.

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama


2 comments:

  1. Your Comfort & Joy looks great! I wish I had joined in on this one. So pretty! I'm always a fan of blanket stitch with black thread. But either way would be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came "this" close to doing this project, but went with another instead. But I do really enjoy watching others' progress, and may still jump in on the mystery quilt, I figure I will make up my mind with this next set of instructions, fabric is laid out and ready either way.

    P.S. Either way would look nice, but if we are voting, machine/black would work really nice. Have a wonderful evening. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!