MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Quilt Camp - Day 7 -

Girls, Games and Goodies

 

We have moved Quilt Camp to the lake where we spent Thursday cutting, sewing, and watching Elvis movies. Friday we were joined by two great girls....MaryBeth and Carol...aka "The Angels" from the Christmas Baking extravaganza. Now since these girls don't quilt ( They may be teachable....a goal for next Quilt Camp. Maybe??) any way we shifting to "Cooking 101".

 

What Fun!!!! I found these Snowman Cookies at "Home is Where the Boat Is" through Sone Gable "On the Menu Monday. You can find them at the web address below:

http://homeiswheretheboatis.wordpress.com/2013/01/07/melted-snowman-cookies/

Sorry I can't link you there but I am at the lake working on my IPad and don't know how to link through blogsy. If anybody out there can help me please leave me a comment. I would appreciate it.

Carol at home with grandson, Grant. All superheros need Snowmen cookies before saving the world.

 

After a beautiful walk to the lake and around the grounds we returned home for a game of Quarkle. If you haven't played it...you should!! Competition was fierce but Carol was the overall champion!

Next---homemade dough for Stromboli. I used my "Bucket Bread" recipe (search labels and you can find it on the blog)





Next we rolled "grapefruit size pieces" into rectangles and filled with red sauce, fresh spinach, mushrooms, Canadian bacon, and mozzarella cheese. I cut the sides and braided the top so that steam could be released during baking. Brushed with egg wash and into 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.


This was our dinner along with lots of laughter, stories and good humor. We had a very busy and crowded kitchen at the lake.

But we didn't stop there.....after dinner we cleaned up and began a second batch of dough for Cinnamon Rolls. Yes...we were nuts!! I used the Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Roll Recipe. You can find it on her blog but I made my own icing.

 

Midnight madness- in our pj's we were feasting on Hot Cinnamon Rolls and Milk.

By that time I think we were all in a FOOD COMA!!

What fun....we ended the night or early morning I should say all cuddled up in chairs and couches with our favorite quilt watching "A Star Is Born"!!!

I HOPE you have friends as GREAT as mine are to help you in the good times and the tough times. First and foremost God is always with me but these three women have walked along beside me day and night as I continue through this "Valley of the Dark Soul".


"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."

Helen Keller.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4

Thank you Lord for who you are...and for good friends to share our walk on this earth!!

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!