MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Monday, December 17, 2012

Cooks, Carols and Cobblers

I am happy to report that we have another "cook" in the family . Miss Ella seems to be tasting the results of her "own" recipe. Her expression would lead you to believe that it is not "just right" yet!! See you soon Angel!

Our church did their annual Christmas Cantata today, "Gloria". It was glorious. We had an orchestra and the congregation participated in singing the Carols. The sound was fabulous. Such a beautiful service. Afterward I had invited a "quilty" friend for lunch and an afternoon of sewing.

We had bread fresh from the oven to go with our Basil Tomato soup. Alongside we had a fruit and cheese plate. It was wonderful and got us ready for an afternoon of sewing.

I worked on finishing two Snowmen wallhangings and a little embroidered pillow. I got everything done but putting the buttons on the Snowmen which I will have to do by hand.

Here are my two "Amish" snowmen. I will put their faces and buttons on tomorrow when I do the handwork.

A closer look!!



My little angel pillow. It needs sewn at the bottom tomorrow when I am doing handwork.

After a fun filled afternoon of sewing I had to make dessert for my small church group Christmas dinner/party that was this evening. I decided to make a great, easy, chocolatey, molten lava dessert. After all who doesn't like chocolate??

My Granny's Chocolate Cobbler

Ingredients:

1 cup All purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

7 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder, divided

1 -1/4 cups sugar, divided

1/2 cup milk

1/3 cup melted butter

1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed

1 1/2 cup hot tap water

Let's now make the best chocolate cobbler you have ever eaten!!

All the stuff from the list of ingredients ready and waiting. Note I use Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa because I like Dark Chocolate. Use what you like!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

First stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, 3 Tablespoons of Cocoa and 3/4 cup of the white sugar. Reserve remaining sugar and cocoa.

Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla to the flour mixture

Mix until smooth

Pour the mixture into an ungreased 8 inch dish. I used an oval pewter baking dish that I have.

In separate small bowl, mix the remaining white sugar (1/2 cup), brown sugar, and the remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa.

Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the batter.

Pour the Hot Tap Water over all. DO NOT STIR!! Place in oven. NOTE: I put mine in the oven before I pour the water on top. Makes it easier because I don't have to transfer it once the liquid is in the pan.

Bake for 40 minutes or until the center is set. Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes if you can hold yourself back.

I always put something under the pan (this time it was my baking stone) to catch the erupting "lava". That happens sometimes.

Finished product!! Mouth watering goodness waiting to be consumed! I took it to my party and served it warm with ice cream on top. I was going to take a picture but they ate it all before I could get a shot!!. I mean every spoonful was gone!! It is wonderful!! The cobbler has an outer crust but the inside is like "molten lava" .

It serves 8 regular or 10 small servings. You are gonna love this one!! I made small cookie trays for each couple in the group. They loved them!

And suddenly their appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, "Glory to God in the Highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased." Luke 2:13-14

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama


1 comment:

  1. That chocolate cobbler looks AMAZING! We will be giving this recipe a try for sure :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!