MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Rosemary Wreaths

After two days and 12 inches plus of snowfall I guess Miss Ella needed a BIG Starbucks and some retail therapy at the local Target.....or least her mommy needed all of the above!! Did you know that Target's Corporate headquarters are in Minneapolis? Well....YES indeedy they are. Trivia for your journey!!

I love how her hands grasp the cup and she has "mitten extensions" on the sleeves of her snowsuit. Can't wait to see that little snowbunny next week!!!

This is Tulsa's first real cold spell. Nothing compared to MN but the temps are in the 20's and 30's which is cold for here. I welcome it. Thank you Lord for your seasonal changes, cold breezes and clear sunny blue skies. Something about cold weather that gets the holiday spirit in me going. Last week when we were having 70+ degree days I harvested all my Rosemary from the herb garden. The plants were as big as shrubs. I got a LOT of Rosemary so......I decided to make wreaths for the holidays.

Rosemary Wreaths

This is a pile in the garage after the harvest. It smelled heavenly while I worked on making the wreaths. It is really quite simple. I used a large wire base for the bigger wreaths. The small ones I used wire coat hangers that I shaped into circles.

I began by taking bunches of the herb and wound them to the wreath with 22 gauge green floral wire. You can find both the wire base and floral wire at Michael's. I overlapped the bunches as I went around the base in a clockwise manner. That's all there is to it! Make it as full as you like....you are the creator!!

I then tore a piece of homespun fabric into a strip and tied a very primitive bow which I attached with the floral wire and hung the wreath in my kitchen. Each time I walk by it I smell the earthy fragrance of Rosemary and it makes me happy!!!

This smaller wreath is made on a single wire circle I fashioned from a clothes hanger....like the ones you get at the cleaners!! This is on the door in my hallway. It has a ribbon bow which I love. There are buttons embroidered on a very heavy woven fabric that repeats Merry Christmas.

Another medium size wreath on my bedroom door. Boy does my house smell great!! Silk ribbon bow on this one. I have to make each one different in some way!!

This is the last wreath I kept for myself. I put it on my kitchen table as a base for the metal tree which holds a candle. I also put fresh holly from my tree in the front yard around the candle base. So homey!! No Bow on this one.

A trunk full of wreaths and loaves of honey whole wheat bread. Ready to roll!!

Now I am off to deliver more wreaths to my friends. I made 5 more large wreaths to give away!! Quite a rosemary harvest don't you agree??? Hope you get a wreath to make your home smell wonderful too.

And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS" Revelation 19:16

Experience everything you do in this special season of advent as if you are seeing and doing it for the very first time!!

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!