MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Homespun Happiness

I belong to a great little stitch group that is comprised of 5 of the most awesome Christian women I have ever met. We meet monthly on Thursdays. One member has the best sewing space ever and she graciously hosts us. This month we planned a Christmas "Dinner" that would end our stitching session. We all brought something to work on by hand before the meal.

I brought the label I made for the Dresden Plate quilt and stitched it on. I am proud to say it is on it's way to PA where my nephew and his finance are.

Each year our stitch group "informally" gives gifts. These are usually "stitch" related or something homemade from the kitchen. This year some of our treasures included JalapeƱo Raspberry Jelly, Cinnamon Cucumber Pickles and Amish made wooden bowls on little stands with hand-painted quilt designs inside. I made each member a "Little Quilt" which could be hung as a wallhanging.

I embroidered the designs on my Viking Designer SE. I loved using my "Homespun" scrap bag to complete the quilts. Below is a picture of each one in more detail.



Two of the embroidery designs are the same but I used different fabrics and actually made them different sizes. I had so much fun making these "Little quilts"!! I hope the girls liked them as much as I did. I had bought a new foot this summer which is used to attach bindings to the quilt all by machine. I practiced with it on these little quilts. I like it but I need more practice. And oh BTW.... the Christmas Dinner was wonderful. Not only are these women great stitchers they are awesome cooks too.

I got my new design board mounted in the sewing room annex this week and I love it. I used a piece of foamboard insulation from Lowe's. Then I covered it with a 10 dollar utility blanket from Walmart. I did have to seam it to fit perfect. I pulled it tight and attached it to the board with duck tape.

In the garage after I finished covering the board. Ready to move upstairs!

My handyman mounted it on the wall for me yesterday. It is 4ft by 8ft. I LOVE IT!! Can't wait to fill it up.

Well Christmas is coming at warp speed. Are you ready? I wish I could slow down time for the next 10 days but I know that's impossible. So enjoy every moment!! Miss Ella will be here Wednesday!!

Tomorrow is the third Sunday in Advent. Our sermon is "The Carol of the Angels". Let us remember in this busy time of year to stop and prepare our hearts for the coming of the King of Kings in a manger in Bethlehem.

And the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which shall be for all people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ The Lord!!! Luke 2:10-11

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!