MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Brown Sugar Molasses Ranch Beans

My DH's favorite meal always includes my "Baked Beans". I do them several different ways. Sometimes I start from dried beans and go all the way to the finish while other times I start with canned baked beans and "doctor" them up so they are yummy and delicious. In this recipe I will use canned baked beans along with brown sugar, mustard, molasses ketchup and hamburger to make a hearty dish that is great with just about anything....especially summer grill food.

Shopping List:



1 large can baked beans

2 tablespoons Honey Mustard

1/2 cup ketchup

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup dark molasses

1/2 pound hamburger meat



Now we cook:

Start by placing the 1/2 pound hamburger meat in a skillet.

Brown the meat .
Remove from skillet and put on paper towel lined plate to drain.

Open can of beans and put in a large mixing bowl.
Add honey mustard, molasses and ketchup. Stir to mix.
To this mixture add the drained ground beef and brown sugar.
Spray a 2 quart baking dish with baking spray and fill with the bean mixture.

Place in preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until bubbly and browned.
Remove to cooling rack. Enjoy with ....hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, steak...You be the judge!!

Delicious served hot, warm or at room temperature if you are on a picnic. This hearty dish can be a meal in itself with a salad and a crusty piece of bread!!

Time to play Nana....then we will eat!! My DH is through his sinus surgery today and I am waiting for him to return from the PACU. Hopefully this will help him to feel better and we can move forward on getting him to Dallas and reinfusing him with the donor cells so that he can start to make blood on his own again!! Every day is a new day with new challenges but we are hopeful that we can turn this corner and move to a brighter place very soon!!

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

1 comment:

  1. That is one of my very favorite meals. Yummy!!

    Have fun with your granddaughter. =)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!