MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Monday, June 4, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Baby Ella's Nursery

This past week has been rough and there has not been any sewing done in my house. Jeff was in the hospital for the past 10 days. He was discharged on Friday so the weekend at home was wonderful but it was a "catch up" game without any time for play. We are sitting in Same Day Services now as he gets Round 2 of his chemo, blood and platelets. We are praying for renewed stability and progress.

I decided to share a project today that really isn't on my design wall. It was a project that I worked to create several months ago. I had the pleasure of helping my daughter design the nursery for my first grandchild. Knowing it was going to be a girl she picked out beautiful pinks and browns in several different prints.

The creating process was so fun. Last July for my birthday my DH bought me a new Viking Huskylock Serger. The one I had was 23 years old. I had made all my girls clothes on it and it was well worn. Mechanical without differential feed I decided that it was time for a new one with the approaching birth of my first granddaughter. It worked beautifully as I sewed the nursery/crib decor.

The bumper pads were sewn with three complimentary fabrics.


The crib sheet was Fabric #4. We also used it to make the diaper stacker which was a request from my daughter's husband. I thought that was cute!! The completed crib was awesome!!

ONE of the quilts that I made "Baby Ella" was a folded bow tie that I set on point. I machine quilted it with my Viking Designer SE.

I made a scallop edge along the border with a bias binding that complimented the inner sashings and borders.


Crib complete with quilt ready for "Miss Ella" on her arrival.
Miss Ella arrived on Feb 6, 2012. I was blessed to get on a plane in Tulsa at 6 a.m. that morning and be at the bedside for her 11:20 a.m. birth. She has been such a gift from God especially in this very trying time with my DH's health (PAPA to Miss Ella). I hope you enjoyed seeing the nursery that my daughter and I created as much as I enjoyed making it for them.


As we approach this week with renewed hope and God given strength we are thankful for each and every day. I hope that "some" sewing occurs in my home this week. I did get the new floors laid in the new "sewing room annex". I have gotten some of it put back together. The design wall still needs hung. That will be our goal for next week's design wall Monday!!!

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama
 

1 comment:

  1. I think Miss Ella is one beautiful and happy baby all snug in her custom bedding. I am sure she feels like a princess!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!