MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sewing Room Update

Organized Sewing Overboard!!

I have spent the past few months getting more efficient in my sewing efforts by ORGANIZING my bins, drawers, and closets!! My daughter is moving out ...once again... in a couple of weeks to do her internship in OKC. With that in mind it suddenly hit me that I could turn her room into my new SEWING ROOM ANNEX. After all it is across the hall from my original sewing room and my "Stash" closet is between the two rooms. Perfect!!! Here's a quick peak at the "stash closet" and original sewing room. The closet is organized by color as well as theme.

 
Straight on front view
 Corner Side View

 
Top Shelf Quilt Storage
 
More Stash Items on the top shelf
Bottom Shelf and bins full of scraps and project "bags"
 
Baskets, Bins and Books
Cutting Table full of goodies to work with
Sewing Station complete with lap top connection to the machine
Thread.....lots of embroidery thread. Am I missing any colors?

Library of quilting and embroidery books
Small closet full of sewing supplies in sewing room

This chest belonged to my grandfather and is over 50 years old. I have used it in my sewing room for many years. Kristy just stripped three coats of paint from it and refinished it for my Mother's Day present. She replaced the knobs too. Isn't it beautiful? I LOVE it!  Ready for the Sewing Annex.

Now that you have seen the original sewing room aren't you excited to see the NEW annex? Currently we are in the process of moving furniture and putting hardwood floors in the upstairs.


So I guess we will all have to wait about a week for me to "get it all together" before the Sewing Room Annex Preview!!! Can't wait till then!!

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

1 comment:

  1. Your sewing room looks so inviting, and you are getting a new room? Can't wait to see those pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!