MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Friday, May 11, 2012

GO RED for a Great Cause!!

Today was Tulsa's "Go Red for Women" Luncheon. The Osteopathic Founder's Foundation that I teach for invited me and both my daughters as their guests. I teach the American Heart Programs for the Foundation. It was a lovely time. All that RED!!! The food was good, great speakers and good conversation. But the best was being able to share it with my daughters. They have grown up and are professional women on their own. Jenny, is a cardiac ICU nurse in Chicago. Kristy will graduate from Medical School on May 18th and then be ....the other...Dr. Smith in our family. They make their mama and papa so very proud!!


How about an easy side dish for all your summer picnics and parties?



OVEN ROASTED POTATOES




My variation can be made with either sweet potatoes or yukon gold potatoes....or a mixture of both!

I like to use the small yukon gold potatoes. If using sweet potatoes just be sure to cut them into equal 1 inch size chunks.

Scrub either the sweets or gold potatoes and cut into 1 inch size pieces. I do NOT peel the potatoes. I leave the peeling on for fiber and flavor.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

I use a metal pan with lots of surface area so the potatoes can brown and crisp up on the surface.



These are sweet potato chunks. Toss with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and steak seasoning. Amount of seasoning can vary to taste. I use about 2 Tablespoons of it also.
Steak seasoning has salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary, and all kinds of spices in it. It is great on potatoes as well as steak. I have a large grinder of Weber's Chicago Style Steak Seasoning but today I am using a sample packet that I got at last years' "Grill n Chill" in Chicago.

You can be creative and use the seasoning of your choice.


Roast the potatoes for 45 minutes to an hour. Every 15 minutes turn the potatoes with a spatula so that all the surfaces get brown and crispy. The sweet potatoes will take longer between 45 - 1 hour. Potatoes are done when soft in the center and crispy brown on the outside.

These are roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes ready to be eaten!!
Enjoy!! I will be back later in the summer with my Roasted Potato Salad that I make using these potatoes.

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!